DIY Makeup Brush Holder

Hey lovelies! 

It's going to be almost a week since the haze started and it never seems to get better. It's so much better to stay at home to avoid the bad air outside and I know it get boring. So, I decided to glam up my makeup brush holder. I must say I was inspired by the lots of YouTube videos and after making one myself it looks so much more elegant on the table. 

Continue scrolling for how I went on about doing it. 


These are the things that you would need.

I used this cute little glass for a more elegant look. You can use candle holder or even mason glasses.

You can get this at Popular bookstore for less than $2.

I only had the gold one at home and I really like the colour. Do make sure it is the fine glitter.



The items below are optional. They are used for decorative purposes only.


So, let's get started!

Firstly clean your glass with a damp paper towel. I used some hand-sanitizer to wipe it clean because it was slightly dusty.

Lay down some old newspapers to prevent making a mess all over your table or the floor. Using a paintbrush, evenly spread the white glue inside the glass.

It should look something like this when you're done.

Pour in the glitter. Do not worry about the amount because you can pour out the excess and put them back in your glitter container.


Just roll the glitter around the glass to make sure all the glued areas are covered with glitter. Pour out the excess on the newspaper and put them back into the glitter container.

It should look something like this when you're done. Leave it to dry for about 30 minutes. Drying time would vary according to your glue and size of your glass.

This step is optional. Once it has completely dried, I spread another coat of white glue and left it to dry completely. This is because I did not want any glitter to stick to my hands if they were to come in contact with it. So, I would recommend this step but if you want to skip, it is absolutely fine.

Although it was pretty like by it self, I wanted to add a more feminine and elegant touch to the glass by adding some ribbon. Using a super glue I glued the ribbon to the top of the glass. Make sure you pull it tight as you are gluing it down to prevent any loose edges and leave it to dry.

When you are done it should look something like this.

Now comes the fun part. Since I am using mine for my makeup brushes, I poured in some rice grains. You can use glass beads, marbles or just leave it empty. The reason for this is to make the brushes stand straight.

TADA! The final product!

I am so happy with the turnout.

 You can play around with the design by adding your favourite embellishments and glitter colour of your choice. It gives your room a different feel and the whole presentation is so classy and glamorous. It can also be used as home decoration and would act as an awesome housewarming gift. It is so easy and fun to make, plus it is inexpensive and not at all time-consuming.

 Do tag me on Instagram or Twitter if you were to make this. I love seeing different versions of this project.

Now who says staying at home is boring?  

Post a Comment