ButterScotch Cafe

Hello everyone!

Now that my holidays are here, I've been catching up on my social life as much as possible. It had been long since I last met up with Roslina so we met up for dinner. I realized I have not done a post on food places in a while so I thought of dining in somewhere we've never been before.

Recently I heard about this new cafe that was opened at Bukit Merah Central and I was thrilled to try them out upon hearing their name. It is walking distance from Bukit Merah Bus Interchange.


ButterScotch Cafe is a muslim-owned business. However, they do not have a halal certification. 


We managed to get a table despite the small space. I guess people must have decided to just snuggle up at home on a rainy Tuesday night.

Ambiance is one of the important factors I consider when dining out. I must say I really liked the design concept of the store. Although the cafe is really small, it gave a very cozy feel for the customers.


We were greeted by a friendly waiter and he informed us what was not available before we could decide on our orders. Maybe it was the time or the day that we went but quite a few times were not available. Most of the cakes were already sold out which goes to show the popularity of the desserts. We decided to get a side, main and dessert to share as it was our first time there. Roslina and I could not stop talking about the pretty wooden wall design.

Truffle Fries ($8)

Please do not be shocked when I say that it was my first time eating truffle fries. One reason is that I could not find a halal cafe that sells truffle fries in Singapore. I could not contain my excitement when I saw this on the menu. I like my fries without salt and this was suited to my taste with the a little garlic and Parmesan flavor. It was a perfect meal starter for our growling tummy on a cold night. I cannot judge how good the truffle fries is based on my first experience.

Crab Cake Burger ($14)

Let me tell you guys, this was an absolute pleasure. The patty was made from real crab which made it really soft. The patty was seasoned well with herbs as well. The bread was a great complement to the patty. Roslina could not stop raving about this dish. Among the other 3 mains (chicken chop/Ramly meets Wendy burger/something else I can't remember) this is definitely worth a try.

ButterScotch Souffle ($14)

The first thing that caught my eye in the menu was the Butterscotch soufflé. I have a weakness for anything that has butterscotch, salted caramel or honeycomb. I was really excited to try this particular dish. It was served together with butterscotch ice-cream and chocolate sauce, 3 of my favorite things all in one plate. 

We tried them individually and the soufflé was an absolute delight. I am not able to describe it in words because all that came out of my mouth upon tasting it was "mmmhhhmmmhmmhmmmhh" (I'm serious). However, the ice-cream was a disappointment. Firstly, it was not very sweet and it had a weird after taste. Both the chocolate sauce and ice-cream did not complement the soufflé. The soufflé tastes really good on its own.

We spent a total of $39.80 for 2 people. Personally I felt that the price is reasonable given their huge portions. However, I find the menu a little limited in terms of choices. But given that it is fairly new, I guess they are still trying to expand their menu. Great ambiance for a catch up with an old friend. 

Location:
Blk 164
Bukit Merah Central
#01-3625
Singapore 150164
Opening hours:
Tues – Sunday
8.30 am – 10 pm
I would definitely return to this place again to have their soufflé and their other desserts. Especially during this cold rainy season, it's a great time to have a serving of hot butterscotch soufflé.

Post a Comment