Phó 4A

Hello everyone!

I thought I would have more time to write since it's the holiday period but I have been going out to catch up with my friends whom I have not seen for a while (university really takes away your social life). Recently I met up with Jo and we decided to have lunch at Phó 4A. I was in the mood for noodles and this was the perfect place. This was my second time in Phó 4A and I left the place feeling really happy once again. 

If you have been reading my previous food reviews, you would know how much I admire interiors. Phó 4A was not an exception. I really love the cosy interior and the bamboo mats that were placed on the table made me feel at home. It was definitely the right place to catch up and reminisce all the good old times with great company. 

Upon arrival, we were greeted with a friendly staff who handed us the menu. They do not have an extensive menu - 7 mains and 6 sides. True to their name, the mains consisted of all Phó except for one fried rice. 


Jo ordered the Pho Bo Tai Nam ($8) - Beef noodle soup with half-cooked steak and well-done brisket.

I ordered the Pho Bo Chin Nam($8.50) - Beef noodle soup with well-done brisket and flank.

2. Pho Bo Chin Nam($8.50)

The portion is very huge and it really fills up the tummy. You can probably tell from the picture how generous they are with their portion. 


Both the dishes were served with a plate of condiments. To be honest, the soup was flavourful and did not require any additional garnish. But I like some spice in my food so I added the chilli padi. I used the sauces to dip my meat inside for extra spice and flavour. The sauce had the sweet and sour taste which normally do not like but this one surprisingly complemented the meat. Since my meat my well-done I was afraid that it might be a little dry. However, the meat was well-cooked and thinly sliced which was a treat for my taste buds.

Cha Qio ($7)

We also ordered a side to accompany our dishes. In simple words, they are spring rolls with minced chicken and mixed vegetables rolled with rice paper. It was served with a tangy sauce that really complemented this dish. I love spring rolls and this one was amazing. This one is a must-try!

Overall, I am really satisfied with the service, food and ambience. The best thing about this place is that you do not need to pay GST or service charge. What you see on the menu is what you pay which is awesome! Plus, it is very hard to find affordable halal Vietnamese Cuisine in Singapore, and I would recommend you to check out this place. Although the place is small and may not accommodate so many people, it gives a cosy and homely feeling that makes it an ideal place for you to catch up with old friends.

Venue
  • No 7 Jalan Pisang
  • Singapore 199074
(Located beside Hjh Maimunah and opposite Fluff Bakery)

Opening Hours
11:00 am to 3:00 pm (Lunch)
6:00 pm to 9:00 pm (Dinner)

*Closed on Sundays


Post a Comment