DIY Tumblr Inspired Cover

Hello everyone!

This is a delayed post and I am sure I had posted this way earlier like this first week of October but suddenly it disappeared. I feel so upset and confused because I remember writing this post with so much enthusiasm and excitement but it is all gone. *insert crying face*

Despite all that, I am going to do what I am supposed to do. It's been a really long time since I had posted about anything due to my school schedule. I am really grateful to have such a good timetable but I still can't find time to blog or even DIY something. But I recently had my recess week (study week) and I managed to create something that would motivate me to work even harder. 

TADA! Tumblr inspired notebook Cover. If you are following me on Instagram, you may have seen this so many weeks back. I have seen many Youtubers attempting this DIY because it is so simple to make and does not take too much of your time. The supplies you would need for this project can all be found at your desk!

I am using an A5 notebook provided by my school to jot down our reflections and notes for that particular module. You can use any size you like.

For this project I would recommend you to use a scissors instead of a penknife or exacto knife.

Gluestick is recommended instead of liquid base glue.

Firstly, choose your favourite pictures and print them out. I already aligned them on Photoshop so that I would have a rough idea on how the pictures would appear on my notebook. If you find that using Photoshop for this project is a hassle, you can print them out on a word document as well but I am not sure if you will be able to align them like how I did in Photoshop.
If you guys like the way I had aligned the photos, feel free to download this image and if you are unable to do that, hit me on the comments section with your email address and I'll send you a copy! Do note that this is for the A5 size both front and back.

Once you have printed them out, cut the pictures out.

I pasted a white paper as a base to give a Tumblr look and to let the pictures pop. I did not cover the whole area as the school stamp needs to visible. Once you are happy with the alignment, stick them using the gluestick.

Using a fabric tape I covered the other areas. This is the front.

and this is the back! I am so happy with the turnout because colours really motivate me and get me in the "study mood". Anyway, I hope you guys would have fun creating your own versions. This month is pretty hectic for me with all the deadlines to meet but I am working on something new and if it turns out well, I will be sharing with you guys. Till then, have a great week ahead!

2 comments