Cravings Satisfied at Sofra

It's been sooooooooo long since I have last posted. School had been so crazy I could hardly find time to even sleep and now that it is almost over, I am started to feel lost and the university applications are making me go cray cray. But to put that feelings aside I met with my AWESOME groupies for lunch. I had to drop by Tampines to sign some documents because I landed myself a temporary job (yay!) and I could not resist getting J.Co's frozen yogurt with my favorite mini Oreo topping. Personally, I think they've got the best froyo in town.


Jo and I have been craving for Turkish food and I had recommended Sofra because it's been really really really long since I've been there and I love the restaurant from deco to food. Too bad I didn't realise their lunch hour was from 1130am to 230pm and we reached the restaurant only at 220pm and sadly our orders had to be rushed. 

For full menu, please visit: http://www.sofra.com.sg/

We started the meal with appetizers. One cannot leave a Turkish restaurant without ordering the Hummus.
LOVE LOVE LOVE HUMMUS.
This is a totally unbiased opinion. *winks*

 Sesame Bread
Price: $3.80
Turkish Bread
Price: $2.90
Hummus
Price: $5.30

Those who had been to sofra previously would agree that their portion has decreased and price has gone up just a little bit.

As for the main course, my all-time favourite Izgara Kofte was not available due to some equipment difficulties so I settled for the Doner Kebab Rice.

Doner Kebab Rice
Price: $9.80
Pilaf Rice served with Beef and Lamb Doner Kebab. 

 Beef Pide
Price: $12.50
I ordered for Wayne Turkish Pizza. Looks really good but I didn't get to try because I was too engrossed in my food.
Guvec Tavuk
Price: $15.90
Sam's oven baked chicken and mushroom served with rice. This dish was really nice and although it was slightly salty it went really well with the rice.
Sultan Kebab
Price: $14.90
Darren's mildly spiced lamb served with baked cheese and mashed potatoes. This was one of my favorite dishes mainly because of the potatoes. I would like the lamb to be spiced slightly more.

Jo and Russ got this new dish which I didn't get to take a picture of. The chicken was cooked in Turkish "tomatoey" sauce. Initially Russ had wanted the Guvec Tavuk but I think due to some miscommunication he got the new unnamed dish which tasted not too bad. I think because of the time we did not get a chance to order desserts and chill. So I would recommend you guys to go for dinner and the ambience is much nicer at night. I was digging through past photos and I found some pictures that I took in Sofra 2 years back.

IN 2010

From left to right: Red Lentil Soup ($4.90), Salad Plate ($14.50)
Izgara Kofte*my all-time favourite*($14.90) 


Sofra is good place for hangout with friends, family, girlfriend/boyfriend and the list goes on. Great for celebration and it's always nice to have good food with great company.

ADDRESS
100 Beach Road
#02-42/44
Shaw Tower
Shaw Leisure Gallery
Singapore 189702  



AND Russ turns 21 today. So as his 21st birthday gift we got him or made him something special.


.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

HAHAHAHAHAHA
The soccer player he idolizes and hot model the guys go ga-ga after. It's pretty EPIC though. 

Anyway, I'm gonna start work and start earning back the money I have happily spent on myself. My phone is so pretty now that I am so tempted to do a tutorial/review review on it. (for iPhone Jailbreak ONLY).

I hope all these university applications will go well and I am going to make sure I blog often just to make myself happy. Nights to my readers!

xoxo.

Post a Comment